Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Heather 2




So Heather is always getting after me for never posting anything to the blog. I always tell her that it is her thing to keep the blog up to date, but she never agrees. So here I am making my first post to the blog. The reason I am doing so is because of this really cool GPS that I just got. See I seem to have a problem with directions and I am man enough to admit it. I always get turned around pretty easy and finding addresses is practically impossible in Arizona. At work I am constantly visiting customer sites that are located all over AZ and I usually end up printing hundreds of google map pages a month. This frustrates me because I consider myself to be a pretty good driver and I fix computer software and hardware issues daily, but I get turned around easily. When I am home Heather is my guide, I call her my navigator and she does a VERY good job at keeping track of where we are and where we need to go. She really does amaze me at her sense of direction, and honestly I am a little embarrassed that she is so much better at it then me.
Well Costco was having a sale online for the Garmin Nuvi 260 GPS unit and Heather let me spend a portion of our tax return money to buy it. Well after waiting forever for them to ship it and get it to me, I finally have it! I must say that it is really cool! I can simply input the address of where I want to go and it just guides me right to the address. It also has a point of interest finder that helps you locate spots like banks, restaurants, motels, gas stations, etc... It is so quick and easy to use! As most of you know I am a gadget nut so this is just another cool gadget to add to my collection. I also bought a motorcycle mount for it so I can use it on my bike as well! I have named the GPS Heather2 as it my new navigator when Heather's not (and probably when she is) around. So sorry Heather but it looks like the GPS has replaced you as the official navigator.

3 comments:

southolive said...

That's awesome! In the long you'll save time and money with one of those!

LeVander Family said...

My husband had that same one stolen from our car 2 weeks ago:( We have to buy a new one soon, I can't believe how much time and money is waisted without it!

Heather said...

I'm just excited Brett actually posted something. Miracles do happen.