Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Spider-Man Batman forever.
The Dark Knight chased Spider-Man 3 from the record books with a $155.3 opening weekend gross, per Exhibitor Relations Co. estimates today.
The figure capped three days of eye-popping figures for the Christopher Nolan film. The highlights:
- The Dark Knight made more money in Friday midnight screenings ($18.5 million) than its predecessor, Batman Begins, made in any one day.
- The Dark Knight made more money in one day ($66.4 million on Friday) than Batman Beginsmade in any one weekend.
- The Dark Knight made about as much money in its second-biggest day ($48 million on Saturday) as Batman Begins made in its biggest weekend ($48.7 million).
- The Dark Knight made more money in its third-biggest day ($39 million on Sunday) than Get Smart and You Don't Mess With the Zohan, to name two recent hits, made in their respective opening weekends.
- The Dark Knight made more money in its biggest day than Hancock, WALL-E and Kung-Fu Panda, to name three recent supersize hits, made in their respective opening weekends.
- The Dark Knight made more money in its opening weekend than the previous top-three-opening Batman movies (Batman Forever, Batman Begins, Batman Returns) made in their opening weekends—combined.
About the only thing The Dark Knight didn't do was keep up the frenetic pace it set with Friday's $66.4 million blowout, a performance which set new records as Hollywood's biggest-ever opening day and biggest-ever single day.
"Some people probably stayed away [to avoid] the crowds," Exhibitor Relations' Jeff Bock said.
Bock does not think audiences will stay away next weekend. He expects The Dark Knight will become only the second movie this summer, after Iron Man, to hold the No. 1 position at the box office for more than one weekend.
"Spider-Man 3 was savaged by critics, and it fell off pretty quickly," Bock said. "I don't expect anything to happen with The Dark Knight."
Especially not with the Heath Ledger factor at play.
To Bock, The Dark Knight's box office benefited immensely from both curiosity and buzz surrounding Ledger's performance as iconic Batman foe The Joker. The role was the last completed by the young actor before his death in January.
"This is really unprecedented, an actor in a blockbuster film dying before the release," Bock said.
"Unprecedented" is one word to sum up the weekend.
"Batman" is another.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Sorry if I haven't talked to any of you in quite sometime. I have had a very busy and long week. My sister in law went to girls camp last week with her ward and her three kids stayed with me. My Angel of a mother-in-law flew down for the week so she could watch the kids at my house. We had a wonderful time with Austin, Jayden, and my Halle. We went to McDonald's a ton, the movies, a huge swimming pool, bowling, played many hours of guitar hero, and went to a water park. It was a very fun week but each night all of us were exhausted. Today is the first day in a week since I had my house to myself and I don't know what to do with myself. Tori is not enjoying only having me as entertainment today. She was super spoiled this past week. She has also learned a new scream when she wants attention(thanks Halle). She is in timeout right now for that.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Thursday, July 3, 2008
You know your a kid from the early 90's if....
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCH!"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air."
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish. (is this style coming back??)
5. You owned those little Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
6. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom.
7. Two words: M.C. Hammer.
8. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock."
9. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars.
10. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales."
11. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
12. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
13. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
14. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
15. You made your Mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side
16. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter Shack, House).(we would play this in class instead of listen to our teachers)
17. L.A. Gear...
18. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF."
19. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf
20. You took lunch pails to school.
21. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
22. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts.
23. You ever owned a pair of jelly shoes. (can u believe they are back?)
24. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know what you are, but what am I?"
25. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up!"
26. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
27. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip'n'Slide. (especially when you put soap on them)
28. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
29. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald's.
30. You remember Popples.
31. "Don't worry, be happy."
32. You wore socks scrunched down.
33. "Miss MARY MACK MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK"
34. You remember boom boxes vs. CD players.
35. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
36. You remember watching Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies.
37. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
38. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool.
39. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on Saved By the Bell," the ORIGINAL class. (I still watch reruns)
40. You collected POGs and know the difference between a Slammer and a Slicer
You know you were an 80's kid if:
- You know that another name for a keyboard is a Synthesizer".
- You can name at least half of the members of the BRAT Pack.
- You know who Tina Yothers is.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You know who Max Headroom is.
- You ever wore Flourescent, neon clothing.
- You could breakdance, or wish you could.
- You wanted to dress like the Hulk at Halloween.
- You believed that "By the Power of Greyskull," you HAD the POWER.
- Partying "like it's 1999" seemed sooo far away.
- You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.
- You wanted to be on StarSearch.
- You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off.
- You have worn a Banana Clip, or knew someone who did.
- You owned a doll with "Xavier Roberts" signed on its butt, or knew someone who did.
- You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout".
- You HAD to have your MTV.
- You hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future"
- You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."
- You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool.
- You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.
- You have heard of "Garbage Pail Kids".
- Punks actually "shocked" people
- You knew "The Artist", when he was humbly called "Prince".
- You actually saw Ted Danson as the MacDaddy he played "Sam" to be.
- You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game.
- You own any cassettes.
- You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.
- You remember and/or owned any of the CareBear glass collections from Pizza Hut, Or any other stupid collection of glass they came out with.
- Poltergeist freaked you out.
- You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.
- You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish, or know someone who did.
- You ever had a Swatch Watch, or three.
- You had a crush on one of the Corey's (Haim or Feldman).
You had a crush on Bo Derek or Heather Locklear.
- You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.
- You had WonderWoman or Superman underoos.
- You know what a "Whammee" is.
- You had a crush on Jon BonJovi, or knew someone who did.
- You thought eating Reeses Pieces would attract your own Alien.
- Your name is Jennifer or Ja(y)son.
- You have ever called 867-5309.
- You had a poster of Rob Lowe, Kirk Camron, or Michael J. Fox on your wall.
- You held the top score on PacMan.
- You had MALL Hair or know someone who did.
- You owned a T-Shirt that said, "I shot J.R." or know someone who did.