Thursday, November 20, 2008

Primary Program: I'm a child of God

So after one month of being assigned to my new calling in the Primary Presidency I was told I was in charge of writing the primary program.  What? Really? Me? Are you sure Julie? Well we pushed the date back as far as we could to give me time and help the kids to memorize their parts. 
We had our program this Sunday and it was a hit. There was some divine intervention that went on because the rehearsals didn't go that great.  But I guess and bad rehearsal makes for a great performance. 
It went sooooo smoothly. There is nothing that I would have changed about it. 

Some of my highlights were:

      *Sitting behind the podium, making the kids smile and sing, and only they could see me.
      *The song If the Savior Stood beside Me while a flute played along.(brought a tear to my eye)
      *First part of the program that ended in a girl saying "I'm Taylor, I am a comedian, but most importantly".... and every child stood up and sang I am Child of God without the piano. 
       *Or when they put on missionary name tags when they sung Called to Serve
        *Or when they held up pictures of All the prophets when they sung We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet. 

Can you tell that I am proud? I am so proud of my primary. They did a great job. I am overcome with happiness. 
Thank You!

2 comments:

The Haynies said...

That is so cool. Fun to see all your hard work come out so beautifully prepared. The program is always so enjoyable, but I bet it was especially grand! That is a huge accomplishment and task to undertake! Congradulations

The Payne family said...

Hey we just had our primary program too! It really is amazing how horrible the practices go but how good the program itself turns out. It's it so nice when it's over?