Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cool Feature

I love my truck. We have a big beautiful Dodge truck. I just hate the gas mileage of course. So it hardly ever gets taken around. But it does have a cool feature it tells you how many miles you have left until you run out of gas. We push it to the limit all the time. But unfortunately when it says zero miles to go and I put in $15 bucks it still remains at zero. So we just continue to drive it and try to determine our mileage ourselves. 
So this super cool feature that is offered in our truck, is not so helpful
Well..... you can imagine what happened. I got in the truck with Tori and we were on our way to drop her off at the grandparents so I could work. The truck didn't even want to roll more than 3 feet in any direction. After a couple tries it seemed to work okay. (my parents only live 2 miles away so I thought I might be okay). I just coasted it through my neighborhood, and around the corner to the stop sign, I was doing okay until I need to turn on to the major street. There I was in the middle of the road stopped and cars were starting to come from all directions. Some how I got the truck to roll backwards and get it out of the middle. A very nice Goodyear citizen helped me push the truck to the side of the road while I waited for my brother Nate to come and rescue me. I realized during that, 10-12 minute, wait that it is cooler outside of a car than inside with no AC. My truck read that it was 117 degree outside as well. Gross. Me and poor Tori got all red and sweaty. 
I am never going to trust my truck again. 

No comments: