Friday, December 25, 2009

It looked promising

Christmas Eve looked like a promising day. It was a day where we were going to visit Jenny in the hospital or her house, go look at temple light and eat a nice dinner with the family and finish up the night exchanging secret buddy gifts.... But there I was at 8pm Christmas Eve in a Walgreens bathroom puking my guts out, waiting for a prescription to be filled of percocet for my husband who had just returned from the ER. How did this
day end
so badly?

It started off with a nice text message at 6am that Jenny was in the hospital with
her epidural
already in place and her water broken. My thought were full of the events that were
to come
that day of holding my new nephew and taking care of Jenny.
After I awoke again around 8am I was in awful shape. I started instantly throwing
up and
could barely take of Tori running around. I gave in and went to my parents so they
could
watch her while I slept. My thoughts of holding little Parker that day were vanished.
Brett had a 1/2 day of work so a soon as he got home so did we. I went to bed again
at 1:00
and when I woke up at 2:00 Brett was hunched over in a ball having severe kidney
pains.
He had a kidney stone before and the symptoms were the same. I could barely stand
let alone
sit without wanting to hurl so I ask my dad to take Brett to the ER for some relief.
Brett said it was the worst pain he had ever experienced and was thinking of ways to end his life
there at the hospital to make the pain stop. Luckily they gave him medicine in that moment and
the pain was gone within 30 seconds.
Brett came home all drugged and happy again. Our next task was to find a pharmacy
opened
on Christmas Eve. We finally did, (and so did all of goodyear it seemed) the
prescription took
awhile to be filled and I was hopefully that nothing bad would happen if I just went
in to use the bathroom.
I new immediately on my way out of the bathroom that that little walk was not worth it.
I headed back to towards the bathroom and I'm sure you can imagine the rest.
I was determined to end the night on some kind of high. We went to my parents
anyways and
exchange gifts we made for each other. Scott made me a beautiful Salt Lake Temple
picture and Tori got a soft horse pillow. We only stayed for a little and went straight
to bed.

Thankfully we woke up today on Christmas with Brett giving birth to his child
from hell and me
feeling all better. Today has already been times better so far.
I will report more about our Christmas festivities in another post.


No comments: