Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Tori!!!


She finally came. We are so happy!!! She was born on Jan. 14th at 7:59 am. She weighed 6.6 lbs. and was 19 inches long. 

On Sunday we were pretty determined to have her so we wouldn't have to go to work on Monday. We did a ton of walking. I got lots of contractions and walking seemed to make them more productive. So we just kept walking. I bounced around a ton on my yoga ball, ate spicey food, pineapple, took a warm bath. Seriously I tried just about everything I could think of. 
But at 10pm it seemed just like every other night and we admitted defeat. We even took some Tylenol PM to help us sleep through the night.
Well... about an hour after we went to sleep I woke up and was had two major contractions. So I packed up the rest of my stuff and woke up Brett to take me to the hospital. 
We arrived at the hospital at 12:00am. I was already dilated to a 3 or 4. I got a room pretty fast and by 2am I had an epidural in me. It was heaven! I'm so so glad I had one. I really don't know how people have labor without them. They are wonderful! I believe by 3 or 4am I was dilated to a  9 1/2. I'm not really sure when everything happened. 
I do know that they wanted to give me extra medicine so Tori wouldn't get any infections and they wouldn't give me the second dose until 4 hours after the first which would be 6 am. 
After all the medicine was in me they said I was okay to have her. Well I guess the Dr. got stuck in traffic cause he didn't get there till about 7:40am. (I don't think he just how quick she would actually come once he got there.) He told me I would probably be pushing for the first hour little did he know that after 4 sets of pushing she was here. It was pretty funny seeing the choas of getting everything ready in such a short amount of time. 
She came out totally healthy and happy. Everything went very smoothly. 
Now we have a perfect little girl of our own. 

2 comments:

Jill Rosenhan said...

She is so precious! I'm so happy for your family! I need to come visit and give you her present still! Congrats new mom!

Stacy said...

wondermus... Beautiful. I am very happy for you.

epidurals are wonderful.... aren't they :-)